Getting the Christmas Decorations up – Our Christmas Light Top Tips!
There is definitely a special feeling that goes with getting the Christmas decorations down from the attic. The excitement, the confusion that something is missing and then the realisation that the Christmas lights are in a tangle! We take decorating very seriously at CrimboTrees, so we have complied a top tips list for how to hang those lights just so!
There’s nothing more magical over the festive season than the twinkle of Christmas lights in every window and on your real christmas tree.
Here are our Christmas lights top tips for getting it right every time.
- Measure up – make sure you measured the area you want your lights to cover, don’t forget to start at ground level and carefully measure upwards going round all doorways, window frames and corners to be lit.
- Check power sources – check the location of your power source and select any extension cords you may need.
- Use proper lights – check all lights are clearly labeled for outdoor use and weatherproof to avoid shorting.
- Untangle lights – take the time to untangle all lights before you start, this avoids frustration when you are perched precariously up a ladder on a chilly December’s eve.
- Use clips – clips are a lot more user friendly than duct tape, nails or cable ties for hanging up your lights. You can pick them up along with your lights and you will thank yourself for it.
- Use a good ladder – don’t risk it by balancing on one of her good dining chairs, invest in a good sturdy ladder and an extra pair of hands to hold it steady. They can pass clips and festive snacks up as you go too.
- Don’t rush – hanging your christmas lights always takes longer than you think. As with any DIY venture, estimate the time needed then multiply by two. You significantly decrease your risk of an accident AND you can enjoy the experience.
- Time it right – no need to drag yourself out in the dark to turn your lights on or off. Install a timer to save you time, hassle and money.
- Find a helping hand – if you lack the tools or experience to hang christmas lights, don’t be afraid to ask for help. You can even call in the professionals to take the pressure right off!
- Hit the switch – finally, sit back, relax and enjoy the show!
And there you have it. 10 Christmas light tips to get you feeling festive. What’s next finding the perfect tree?